The following Terms and Conditions apply only to place the order of goods listed on our website Desicart.co.uk.
Please read them through carefully before purchase. They do not affect your statutory rights. Use of this website constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions which shall also govern all transactions from website to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you should stop using the website immediately.
Desicart is a website operated by Swathi Cash & Carry ltdregistered in England and Wales under company number 05523293.
No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
Complaints regarding missing or unsatisfactory quality of fresh food and vegetables must be made at the time of delivery or on the same day of delivery via email ([email protected]) or phone or chat. Great care is taken to provide customers with high-quality goods and to deliver them in the same manner. Any complaints must include photographic evidence of the mentioned unsatisfactory items. Complaints raised after this period will not be considered for any type of refund.
Those opting for postal delivery of fresh food and vegetables must accept the conditions of postal delivery and that the delivery sometimes can take more than 2 days to be delivered. Desicart takes exceptional steps to inform customers whether certain fresh food items can be delivered by post and cannot take responsibility or provide any compensation for fresh food and vegetables that are delivered in unsatisfactory quality due to delayed delivery.
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and/or any communications System on the Web Site;|
|“Carrier”||means any third party responsible for transporting purchased Goods from our Premises to customers;|
|“Content”||means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer or cloud servers that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;|
|“Goods”||means any products that Desicart advertises and/or makes available for sale through this Web Site;|
|“Desicart”||Desicartthe trading name of Swathi cash and carry ltd, with registered address 306-308 High Street North, London, E12 6SA,|
|“Service”||means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Desicart makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;|
|“Payment Information”||means any details required for the purchase of Goods from this Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, credit/debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;|
|“Purchase Information”||means collectively any orders, invoices, dispatch notes, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;|
|“Premises”||Means our place(s) of business located at 306-308 High Street North, London, E12 6SA;|
|“System”||means any online communications infrastructure that Desicart makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;|
|“User” / “Users”||means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Desicart and acting in the course of their employment; and|
|“Web Site”||means the website that you are currently using (www.Desicart.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. blog.Desicart.co.uk) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- Age Restrictions
- Persons under the age of 18 should use this Web Site only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
- Business Customers
- These Terms and Conditions do not apply to customers buying Goods in the course of business. If you are a Business Customer please email us to [email protected]
- International Customers
- If Goods are being ordered from outside Desicart country of residence, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your Goods reach their destination. Desicart is not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the Goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported.
- Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and Desicart cannot guarantee that the packaging of your Goods will be free of signs of tampering.
- International Customers
- If Goods are being ordered from outside Desicart country of residence, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your Goods reach their destination. Desicart is not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the Goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported. Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and Desicart cannot guarantee that the packaging of your Goods will be free of signs of tampering.
- Intellectual Property
- Subject to the exceptions in Clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Web Site, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Desicart, our affiliates or other relevant third parties.
- By continuing to use the Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Web Site unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by Desicart.
- Third-Party Intellectual Property
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
- Links to Other Web Sites
- This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Desicart or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Links to this Web Site
Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site www.Desicart.co.uk without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Desicart in writing. To find out more please contact us by email at [email protected].
- Use of Communications Facilities
When using the enquiry form or any other System on the Web Site you should do so in accordance
with the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- You must not submit content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Desicart or our affiliates; and
- You must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
You acknowledge that Desicart reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
In order to purchase Goods on this Web Site and to use the similar facilities, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Web Site and we may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Web Site you represent and warrant that:
- all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date
Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. Desicart accepts no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another without consent, you should contact Desicart immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised purchases that may be pending. Please be aware that purchases can only be cancelled until they are dispatched. In the event that an unauthorised purchase is dispatched prior to your notifying us of the unauthorised nature of the purchase, Desicart accepts no liability or responsibility and you should make contact with the Carrier detailed in the Purchase Information.
When choosing your username, you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause
- Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
- Termination and Cancellation
- Either Desicart or you may terminate your Account. If Desicart terminates your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- If Desicart terminates your Account, any current or pending purchases on your Account will be cancelled and will not be dispatched.
- Desicart reserves the right to cancel purchases without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment and dispatch.
- If purchases are cancelled for any reason prior to dispatch you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
- If you terminate your Account any non-dispatched purchases will be cancelled and you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
- Goods, Pricing and Availability
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of Goods available from Desicart correspond to the actual Goods, Desicart is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Goods, not different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 14.1 for incorrect Goods.
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required [size] [model] [colour] [number] [pack] [other features] of the Goods that you are purchasing.
- Desicart does not represent or warrant that such Goods will be available. Stock indications are not provided on the Web Site.
- All pricing information on the Web Site is correct at the time of going online. Desicart reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated every 2 months.
- In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Goods and Desicart processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price;
- All prices on the Web Site do include VAT.
- Images may not match 100% with the goods. Price mark & Offers mentioned in the products top cover are not applicable unless it is mentioned on the website. Due to courier expenses and home delivery, All Price Marks are applicable only for sale at the shop.
For free delivery, the customer needs to spend £40.00 pounds or over (England, Wales and part of Scotland only*). Free delivery is not applicable for Islands, BT, IV, PO(30 to 41)
Delivery charges are calculated when you checkout and are based upon the order value and your location. All charges are based on a maximum weight of 25kg. Please allow 2kg of this for Bags, Glass, Packing Box etc. so, a parcel have max 25kg of goods. For larger packages, please contact us before placing your order.
Delivery charges calculated based on the order value, weight and location. Order weight more than 25kg need to pay additional charge based on additional weight.
*Delivery Date Choosing Option Only for UK Mainland & Wales Post cods.
(UK Mainland & Wales Postcodes : AL,B,BA,BB,BD,BH,BL,BN,BR,BS,CA,CB,CH,CM,CO,CR,CT,CV,CW,DA,DE,DG,DH,DL,DN,DT,DY,E,EC,EN,EX,FY,GIR,GL,GU,HA,HD,HG,HP,HR,
UK Mainland & Wales
Order value below £40.00 : £6.99 UPTO 25KGS, +0.49P per kg thereafter.
Order value Above £40.00 : FREE UPTO 25KGS, +0.49P per kg thereafter.
We are now providing FREE delivery for some Scotland post codes as well. Post code which is not covered under below category are eligible for free delivery.
Scotland Zone 1 &2 :
AB10-16, 21-25, 30-36, 39/ DD 1-11/ DG-ALL/ EH 1-55/ FK 1-16/ TD – ALL/ PH1-14/ G1-15, 20-23, 31-34, 40-46, 50-53, 57-84 / KA1-26, 29-30/ KY 1-16, 99/ ML 1-12/ PA 1-19
Order value below £40.00 : £9.99 UPTO 25KGS, +0.49P per kg thereafter.
Order value Above £40.00 : £6.99 UPTO 25KGS, +0.49P per kg thereafter.
Scotland Zone 3 :
AB 37-38, 41-45, 51-56/ FK 17-21/ IV 1-36, 40, 52-54, 63/ KW 1-14/ PA 21-40/ PH 15-26, 30-41, 49-50
Order value below £40.00 : £14.99 UP TO 25KGS, +0.49P per kg thereafter.
Order value Above £40.00 : £9.99 UP TO 25KGS, +0.49P per kg thereafter.
Scotland Zone 4 :
HS 1-9/ IV 41-49, 51, 55-56/ KA 27-28/ KW 15-17/ PA 20, 41-49, 60-78/ PH 42-44/ ZE 1-3
Order value below £40.00 : £21.99 UPTO 18KGS, +0.69P per kg thereafter.
Order value Above £40.00 : £14.99 UPTO 18KGS, +0.69P per kg thereafter.
Northern Ireland BT Postcode Only:
Order value below £40.00 : £26.99 UPTO 18KGS, +0.69P per kg thereafter.
Order value Above £40.00 : £21.99 UPTO 18KGS, +0.69P per kg thereafter.
Isle of Wight:
Postcode between PO30-41
Order value below £40.00 : £21.99 UPTO 18KGS, +0.69P per kg thereafter.
Order value Above £40.00 : £15.99 UPTO 18KGS, +0.69P per kg thereafter.
Please Select “Isle of Wight” for shipping rates while proceeding to checkout.
Isle of Man
IM Postcode Only
Order value below £40.00 shipping £56.99 UPTO 10KGS, +3.99P per kg thereafter.
Order value Above £40.00 shipping £49.99 UPTO 10KGS, +3.99P per kg thereafter.
Please Select“Northern Ireland” for shipping rates while proceeding to checkout.
Saturday delivery option eligible for UK Mainland and Wales post code only. No free delivery on Saturday. Please select “Saturday UK & Wales” for Saturday day shipping rates. Orders received from Sunday to Friday up to 12 pm are eligible for upcoming Saturday delivery. Dispatch will be done before 12 pm on Saturdays.
UK Mainland Postcodes- Orders above £40.00: £9.99 UPTO 25KG, Thereafter + £0.59 PER KG (As special offer delivery charge reduced to £4.99 for September 2020)
UK Mainland Postcodes -Orders below £40.00: £16.99 UPTO 25KG Thereafter + £0.59 PER KG (As special offer delivery charge reduced to £9.99 for September 2020)
We are now started Delivering to Guernsey and Jersey
Order value below £40.00 : £23.99 UPTO 25KGS, +4.99P per kg thereafter.
Order value Above £40.00 : £17.99 UPTO 25KGS, +4.99P per kg thereafter.
Please note: Business days are defined as Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm. 2 working day delivery options are only possible if we receive your order before 12 pm from Monday to Thursday (excluding some Fruits, Vegetables and Sweets which are only dispatched on availability). If there is any doubt – feel free to Chat us on our website or email us.
Regarding ‘Fresh Produce’ (Fresh Sweets and Vegetables): Fresh produce are only despatched on availability. All fresh produce is ‘bought to order’ – it cannot be cancelled after we have procured them for you.
It may not be possible to deliver all leaf items as some of these items are imported and deliveries are dependent on weather conditions in the country of origin.
Where delivery instructions are left, ie without a signature, we cannot be held responsible for any missing goods. For example, if you request left in a bin where recycling may happen, or, in an outhouse that could be accessed by 3rd parties. The risk lies with you.
Backorders in the unlikely event that an item you ordered is not in stock we reserve the right to substitute it with smaller pack sizes, making up the required quantity, and/or another Brand of similar quality. Failing this we will either a) automatically refund the item or, b) if the item(s) represent a major part of your order, we would email you to advise you of the situation, with potential options, and request your advice on how you would like to proceed.
99% of the Orders placed before 12 pm BST are dispatched next day (Monday to Thursday only excluding bank holidays), orders placed after 12 pm BST Thursday are dispatched the following Monday. But maybe delayed due to some extraordinary situations.
If you are unable to receive your parcel please contact us within 5 days from estimated delivery.
- Returns Policy
Desicart aims to always provide high quality Goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion, however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by the following terms and conditions.
The following items are excluded from our returns policy:
Beauty Products, Food Products, Food Gifts Sets, Incense Products. These products can only be returned in accordance with your legal rights.
Refunds will only be given in accordance with your legal rights on the above products. If your product is faulty, damaged or unfit for purpose, please contact us. Please note you will be asked to provide photographic evidence of any damaged goods.
You may return other unopened goods within 7-days of receipt and, subject to inspection and acceptance, we will refund or provide a replacement(s) as applicable.
Refunds will only be made via the credit/debit card used for the original transaction. Refunds will have post and packing charges deducted. Where an order qualified for free post and packing, we will deduct our post and packing costs from the refund. We reserve the right to deduct any other charges incurred by us such as credit card transaction fees, picking/packing costs, restocking costs, packaging material, and return postage fees.
To request a refund or replacement please contact us first by email or telephone. We will require you to return the goods, at your cost, to us for inspection. Desicart will not be liable for goods that are lost or damaged in transit and recommend that you obtain proof of posting.
Any uncollected packages that are returned to us, which included fresh fruit and/or vegetables, will require inspection before any refund can be offered. Other products which may be stained or damaged by the fruit and/or vegetables will be omitted from the refund.
Any goods dispatched by us in error remain the property of Desicart. If you receive any goods by mistake, that wasn’t ordered, please contact us within 7-days to arrange for us to collect them.
Information you provide to us remains confidential. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and, secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. You specifically authorise us to transmit information to or to obtain information about you from third parties (including, but not limited to, your debit or credit card number), to authenticate your identity, to validate your debit or credit card and to authorise the transaction.
- Desicart makes no warranty or representation that the Web Site will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
- No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions
Desicart reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you and any changes will take effect on the day they are posted. If we are notified of any inaccuracies or mistakes in the material provided in the site, we will try to correct it as soon as possible. Such changes posted on the website will be deemed as accepted by your continued use of the website and it constitutes your agreement to be bound by the prevailing terms and conditions. You are requested to read these terms and conditions prior to placing an order. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us at our Customer Service by email or telephone.
- Availability of the Web Site
The Service is provided as-is and on an as-available basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of the information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
Desicart accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Desicart accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Desicart liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Desicart.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Desicart liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect delivery of Goods or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Web Site.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
All notices/communications shall be given to us by post to our Premises (see address above) with a copy by email to [email protected] Such notice will be deemed received on the day of receipt of the letter in the post only.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Desicart shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Desicart and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Response times to email queries
We will attempt to respond to all queries within 1-2 business days.
Please note that Desicart is ISIS compliant but as we sell perishable goods, the 7-day cooling-off period with regards to the cancellation of orders is not applicable. So, customers wishing to cancel an order can do so until the goods have not yet been dispatched. After goods have been dispatched from the warehouse, Desicart will not be able to cancel the order unless the goods are faulty.
- Unforeseen Circumstances
While every effort is made to meet our customers’ demands, cancellations or variations may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances like an Act of God, war, strike, lockout, labour dispute, fire, flood, drought, or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
- Desicart mail address:[email protected]
- Desicart Live Chat: Chat on Website on business hours
- Customer Support Hours: Mon to Sun – 10am to 7pm
- *Excludes UK bank holidays